Common to all branches (except Marine Engg)
CY2111 Engineering Chemistry I
Time: Three Hours Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL QuestionsPart A - (10 x 2 = 20 Marks)
1. How i s water sterilized by ozone?
2. What i s calgon conditioning?
3. Why thermosetting plastics can not be remoulded?
4. Mention two advantages of polymer matrix composites.
5. What is Freundlich's adsorption isotherm?
6. Mention any four applications of adsorption.7. Distinguish between nuclear ¯ssion and fusion reactions.
8. What are the applications of lithium batteries?
9. What i s meant by thermal spalling with respect to a refractory?
10. Under what situations solid lubricants are used?
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD